Welcome to Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish! The OLPH Parish is beautifully located on Tranquille Road in the heart of North Kamloops. The Parish consists of 4 distinct buildings: The Church and Rectory; the Chancery Office; Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish Centre and Our Lady of Perpetual Help School.
In 1953 under the leadership of Bishop Michael Alphonsus Harrington, the founder and first pastor of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish, three lots were purchased which make up the property on which the church presently stands. In June, 1953, the blessing was given and the first sod turned.
Even without windows, an incomplete roof and with only a wood stove for heat, the unfinished church was the “manger” for the first Mass celebrated on Christmas Eve, 1953. The official blessing was held in August, 1954 with 35 families in the parish. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Bishop Harrington, and of all the volunteers, their dream of having a church had become a reality.