The Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops currently has a great opportunity for a full-time Accountant. The candidate will bring extensive accounting experience along with a professional approach to the Finance and Accounting Department. Reporting to the Finance Officer, this position would suit an individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Prepares financial statements and financial reports for the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops.
- Provides full-cycle accounting including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, bank reconciliations, monthly postings and assistance with year-end audit preparation
- Prepares monthly financial statements, variance reports and Finance Committee reports
- Prepares and process payroll and required statutory remittances
- Responsible for the administration of benefits
- Prepares and submits government filings of T4s, T4As, GST, NR4, WCB, Charity returns and charitable donation receipts
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and monitors spending in accordance with the monthly/yearly budget
- Implements financial procedures, policies, and efficient workflow processes with direction from the Finance Officer
- General liaison with parishes on accounting, policies, financial reporting, charitable requirements and banking inquiries and transactions
- Reviews parish financial statements and prepares consolidated parish reports
- Performs other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience is required
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
- Diploma or University degree in accounting, finance or business administration is considered an asset
- Previous experience in Payroll and Benefits Administration is required
- Proven ability to coordinate, organize, initiate and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated success for being self-motivated and detail oriented in a collaborative environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Excellent flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances
- Excellent ability to handle workload demands and multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficient in Accounting software, experience with Adagio, AccPac, Sage or similar accounting programs is considered an asset
- Experience in Cash Management online banking program is considered an asset
- Proficient in Excel, Word and MS Outlook
As a Catholic institution, the teachings of our Catholic faith are integrated into every aspect of the office and public activities and therefore candidates who actively practice their faith are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by March 15, 2020 to:
Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops via email: [email protected] Subject: Accountant
We thank all applicants in advance, only those short listed will be contacted.