Weekly News and Bulletin Information from the
Chancery Office to all parishes and Catholic schools
March 2, 2021
Words from our secondary patron, St. John Vianney: “God calls his friends to bear his Cross after him.- Catechism on Suffering.”
Due to new Covid-19 directives, there will be No public celebration of Weekday or Sunday Mass until further notice.
DIOCESE OF KAMLOOPS - ON-LINE MASSES
The faithful in the Diocese of Kamloops remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass as of present, some of our Diocesan priests are providing online Masses that they are celebrating available through social media. Please check our website at https://www.rcdk.org/pages/streaming
SERRA CLUB of KAMLOOPS DIOCESE:
Benefits of Eucharistic Adoration!
5. Perpetual Adoration extends its influence Gr beyond the individual adorers, touching their homes and families and reaching out to the parish community and beyond. (Pope Paul VI)
For more information about the Serra Club of Canada please visit the website at http://serracanada.com/.
Serra Club of Kamloops Diocese...What do we do?
The Serra Club of the Kamloops Diocese is part of an International organization promoting and supporting future and existing vocations with the approval of His Excellency Bishop Joseph Nguyen. Serrans are lay Catholics - men and women of all ages and from all walks of life. We all share the same dedication to promoting and fostering vocations. We, as a club sponsor programs, dinners, retreats, support altar servers and generally promote and support vocations in any way we can.
We are always accepting new members with involvement ranging from volunteering, sharing ideas, or simply praying for vocations and our existing Clergy and Religious: all worthwhile endeavors in promoting and fostering vocations. If you would like more information, contact Catherine email@example.com and check back here at Vocation Place to keep up to date on what we are doing.
This week The Serra Club of Kamloops is releasing our first video of our series “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” The idea behind this new initiative is to get to know our Priests, Brothers and Sisters in our Diocese and see what they do. We love our clergy and would love to know them better! Our first video is featuring Rev. Fr. Derrick Cameron from Kamloops. Click on YouTube https://youtu.be/zmkdwJPxprs and on the Serra website https://serracanada.com (find a club…Kamloops) Thank you, Father Derrick, !
The Kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed.
We also have a new additional page on our website to help promote Vocations called Vocation Place. A short bio from one of our Priests will be featured here. Currently featured is Fr. Ajin George. https://www.rcdk.org/pages/vocation-place
ROMAN CATHOLIC BISHOP DIOCESE OF KAMLOOPS
PREPARATION OF THE SOLEMNITY FEAST OF ST. JOSEPH
PRINCIPAL PATRON OF CANADA
Pope Francis has proclaimed this year as the “Year of St. Joseph”, recognizing the 150th anniversary of the declaration of St. Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church.
Bishop Joseph is asking the faithful of our Diocese to prepare for the Solemnity Feast of St. Joseph, Patron of the Universal Church and Canada, on March 19th by praying a novena prayer each day from March 10 to March 18 inclusive; the novena will be livestreamed each morning at 11:30 am in community prayer from Sacred Heart Cathedral in Kamloops, along with a very short teaching each day about the life of St. Joseph.
On March 19, Bishop Joseph will celebrate Mass commemorating the Solemnity Feast of St. Joseph at Sacred Heart Cathedral; this Mass will be livestreamed beginning at 11:30 am.
Please mark your calendars for the livestream of the novena and short teaching, each day at 11:30 am from March 10 through March 18, and for the livestreamed Mass on March 19 at 11:30 am.
NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. JOSEPH
Protect, O Holy Guardian, this our nation.
Enlighten those responsible for the common good, so that they might know – like you do – how to care for those entrusted to their responsibility.
Grant intelligence of knowledge to those seeking adequate means for the health and physical well-being of their brothers and sisters.
Sustain those who are spending themselves for those in need, even at the cost of their own safety: volunteers, nurses, doctors who are on the front lines in curing the sick
Bless, O St. Joseph, the Church: beginning with your ministers, make her the sign and instrument of your light and your goodness.
Accompany, O St. Joseph, our families: with prayerful silence, create harmony between parents and their children, in a special way with the youngest.
Preserve the elderly from loneliness: grant that no one might be left in desperation from abandonment and discouragement.
Comfort those who are most frail, encourage those who falter, intercede for the poor. With the Virgin Mother, beg the Lord to liberate the world from every form of pandemic. Amen.
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
TRU CATHOLIC MINISTRY
Are you aware of any Catholics, perhaps nieces, nephews, or grandchildren, that will be attending TRU university (online or in person) in September 2021? If so, please let Fr. Derrick know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to build a community of Catholics at the university to support one another.
World Day of Prayer via Zoom:
You are invited to participate in the World Day of Prayer service next Friday, March 5 at 1 p.m. The service is written by the women of Vanuatu, a series of islands off the east coast of Australia. This zoom service is led by people from the Kamloops South Shore churches. Simply click on the zoom link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81858550240pwd=WGdOOWNEdUFQUE1JV3pPMUh3SUFGZz09
Meeting ID: 818 5855 0240 Passcode: 369695
or Dial by your location +1 778 907 2071 Canada
NORTH THOMPSON CATHOLIC PARISHES PRESENTS: LENTEN JOURNEY 2021
Begins on February 17, 2021 at 7:00pm
February 17th - March3rd
Every Wednesday at 7pm
The Transforming Power of the Sacrament of Confession
March 10th - March 24th
Every Wednesday at 7pm
The Presence: The Mystery of the Holy Eucharist
On March 31st at 7pm The Sacred Triduum
To register for this Lenten Journey please use the link below:
The Kamloops Pro-life Society is offering a $1000 scholarship opportunity for grade 12 and post-secondary students. Requirements include an essay, references, and pandemic-appropriate volunteering. Application submission due date is April 1, 2021. For more information , access: https://www.voices4life.com/, click on 'Events'.
KAMLOOPS DIOCESAN CATHOLIC WOMEN’S LEAGUE BURSARY- Due March 31, 2021
A bursary in the amount of $500.00 will be awarded annually to a student within the Kamloops Diocese who is proceeding to a form of advanced training: University, Regional College, Technical School, University Transfer program or Vocational program. Criteria for Selection: First preference to be given to active member of the Catholic Women’s League for at least 2 years; and based on member’s involvement in the parish, church and community. How to Apply: Complete a Catholic Women’s League Bursary Application Form, available at secondary school counselling offices (Bursary and Scholarship handbook) or contact Kathy Dahl at email@example.com. Form must be signed by the applicant’s Catholic Women’s League Parish President. Application must include a letter of reference from the parish priest. All applications must be received by the Kamloops Diocesan Catholic Women’s League Education and Health Chairperson by March 31; the recipient will receive the bursary upon proof of registration. For more information, contact Kathy Dahl at 250-318-9698 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kamloops Pro-Life Society is once again selling the Great Little Coupon Book for $10. The book offers a myriad of 2-for-1 coupons that can be used at restaurants and entertainment establishments throughout Kamloops. To buy a book, visit St. Joseph's Bookstore at 256 Nicola St, Downtown. Call 778-471-6100. Store hours: Tuesday- Friday 10am - 4pm
WORLDWIDE MARRIAGE ENCOUNTER
The Worldwide Marriage Encounter virtual weekend experience is coming to you!
February 26-28, 2020
If you desire to restore communication & rekindle romance, this weekend is for you; no travel required and from the comfort of your own home!
Click here for registration: https://beholdvancouver.org/events/virtual-worldwide-marriage-encounter-5
Click here for an info video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvQUEZ35Ufg&feature=youtu.be
Click here for a short Testimonial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8hzCv3QN1A
Virtual Baby Bottle Campaign - Become a GIVER of HOPE today
The Pregnancy Care Centre of Kamloops has launched our annual Lenten Baby Bottle Campaign and we are in week 2! The campaign runs through till Easter. Due to pandemic restrictions, we are inviting you to donate online or by mail. Each church has its own parish bottle to fill as a community and there is also a Kamloops Diocese bottle. You can find the campaign here: https://www.canadahelps.org/s/BmXEH
E-transfers are also accepted at email@example.com. If you would like to send a cheque instead, our address is 429 Tranquille Rd. Kamloops, BC V2B 3G9. Your donation brings hope and healing to women and families affected by an unexpected pregnancy.
To learn more about our Perinatal Outreach Program visit the week 2 video link: https://youtu.be/UlsX1g1XQP8
First Friday Vigil... Will be held Friday, March 5th, at First Baptist Church, between 4th & 5th Avenues, on Columbia Street. Please note the time - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
wear a mask, at least for collecting,
bring your own hand sanitizer;
stand/sit at least 6 - 10 feet apart;
hold your sign facing toward the on-coming traffic.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Sunday Bulletin News in the City of Kamloops
Adoration – for Vocations Weekly Holy Hour! Serra Club of Kamloops Diocese
1st Wednesday of the month at OLPH, North Kamloops 5:00PM
2nd Friday of the month at Holy Family, Valleyview 7:00PM
3rd Wednesday of the month at St. John Vianney, Westsyde 7:00PM
4th Wednesday of the month at Sacred Heart Cathedral, Nicola Street 8:00PM
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS IN THE DIOCESE OF KAMLOOPS
St. John Vianney Parish
St. John Vianney parish is looking for an experienced Janitorial/Maintenance person. This position will be a part-time position. Please email resumes and any related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish
“Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish is looking to hire a Music Leader for the parish. This will be a part-time paid position. This person will be responsible for the effective planning, coordination and execution of music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish, as well as be able to play a musical instrument and lead our worship when needed. For a complete job description and/or to express your interest in this position, please contact Fr. Vijay or the parish office at 250-376-5541 or email email@example.com”
• Sacred Heart Catholic School (Williams Lake, BC) is seeking a qualified BC-certified teacher for a 0.8 FTE Learning Resource position with the possibility of additional teaching assignment added on to this time, effective September 1, 2021.
• Sacred Heart Catholic School (Williams Lake, BC) is seeking applications from talented, qualified CEAs to serve primary students with diverse abilities for approximately 31.25 hours per week (.78 FTE), commencing upon earliest availability of the successful candidate and concluding no later than June 25, 2021.
• St. Ann’s Academy (Kamloops, BC) is seeking applications from talented, qualified CEAs to serve primary students with diverse abilities for approximately 25.5 hours per week (.64 FTE), commencing upon earliest availability of the successful candidate and until May 24, 2021, with the possibility of extension as this temporary position provides coverage for a leave of absence.
• St. Ann’s Catholic School (Quesnel, BC) is seeking applications from talented, qualified CEAs to serve students with diverse abilities with an assignment focus primarily in a K/1 classroom for approximately 31.25 hours per week (.78 FTE), commencing upon earliest availability of the successful candidate and concluding no later than June 30, 2021.
• St. Ann’s Catholic School (Quesnel, BC) is seeking a qualified, BC certified teacher for a full-time intermediate classroom position (1.0 FTE), effective September 1, 2021.
• St. Ann’s Catholic School (Quesnel, BC) is seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 0.35 FTE Teacher for the 2021 - 2022 school year, with the subject area assignment of Music. This position commences September 1, 2021. A background in music is required.
• St. Ann’s Catholic School (Quesnel, BC) is seeking a qualified, BC certified teacher for a blended Learning Resource (LRT) and Prep Teacher assignment for an anticipated full-time (1.0 FTE) position, commencing September 1, 2021.
• St. Ann’s Catholic School (Quesnel, BC) is seeking a qualified, BC certified teacher for a full-time primary classroom position (1.0 FTE), currently anticipated to be a K/1 assignment, commencing September 1, 2021.
• St. James Catholic School (Vernon, BC) is seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 0.4 FTE Teacher with the subject area assignment of Music. This position commences September 1, 2021.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help School is seeking a skilled BC certified teacher to join our team as a 0.3 FTE French teacher providing instruction in our PK – 4 classrooms and core French instruction in Grades 5-7 classrooms for the upcoming school year. This position involves program planning and collaboration with classroom teachers. This position commences September 1, 2021.
Diocese of Victoria
Job Posting - Executive Assistant
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria is seeking an experienced and reliable full-time Executive Assistant to support the Bishop and Chancellor by providing comprehensive administrative support in a professional, courteous and efficient manner. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks to ensure optimal workflow. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé by March 5, 2021 to: Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria
Attention: Cynthia Bouchard, Chancellor
# 1 - 4044 Nelthorpe Street
Victoria, BC V8X 2A1
Thank you for your interest,
please note that only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.