Weekly News and Bulletin Information from the
Chancery Office to all parishes and Catholic schools
November 17, 2020
Words from our secondary patron, St. John Vianney: "The saints never complain."
Please contact your local parish or check your parish website for information on signing up for a specific Saturday anticipated Mass or Sunday Mass to attend since the limit of 50 people, including the clergy, is still in force.
DIOCESE OF KAMLOOPS - ON-LINE MASSES
The faithful in the Diocese of Kamloops remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass as of present, some of our Diocesan priests are providing online Masses that they are celebrating available through social media. Please check our website at https://www.rcdk.org/pages/covid-19-streaming-masses
Notice: Due to Covid-19 protocols and other circumstances beyond our control, Mass at St. Joseph’s church on Chilcotin Road in Kamloops on the First Sunday of the Month will be suspended until further notice.
SERRA CLUB of KAMLOOPS DIOCESE:
Benefits of Eucharistic Adoration!
101. Adoration is to enter in profound heartfelt communion with the Lord, who makes Himself bodily present in the Eucharist! (Pope Benedict XVI)
For more information about the Serra Club of Canada please visit the website at http://serracanada.com/.
CATHOLIC WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION – LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Are you called to join other Canadian Catholic women learning how your leadership has the power to transform where you work, volunteer and live? Applications are now available for the 2021-2022 Catholic Women’s Leadership Foundation Program. The in-person and online program facilitated by the Providence School of Transformational Leadership and Spirituality at Saint Paul University (Ottawa) runs from April/21 to May/22. Visit www.cwlfcanada.ca Application deadline November 20, 2020
ST JOSEPH BOOKSTORE NEWS
St. Joseph’s Christian Book, Gift and Church Supply Store hours have changed. They are now open Tuesday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. Stop by for your Christian devotionals, books, and gifts. Missals for Mass are available for purchase from the store. They have the Novalis or St. Joseph’s annual Missals or the permanent Missals available.
New Advent resource:
Available from St. Joseph's Christian Bookstore, Kamloops Tel. 778-471-6100
Place your order immediately to avoid disappointment.
Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family
Experience a more peaceful, more joyful, and more meaningful Advent than ever before!
Rejoice! Advent Meditations with the Holy Family is a prayer resource with daily meditations that will enrich your Advent by inviting you to experience the first Advent with Joseph and Mary, as they await the birth of their son, the Savior of the world.
Together with the guided meditation videos, this journal will help you to see the marriage of Mary and Joseph in a new light. You will ponder what was in their hearts and minds as they awaited the birth of Jesus—and you will be invited to reflect on and deepen your own relationships with others. Rejoice! will help you open your heart to the peace and joy of the Holy Family as you prepare for the coming of Jesus this Christmas.
See https://ascensionpress.com for more information and related products.
• Price of Prayer Journal $20 incl. tax
Sunday Bulletin News in the City of Kamloops
Adoration – for Vocations Weekly Holy Hour! Serra Club of Kamloops Diocese
1st Wednesday of the month at OLPH, North Kamloops 5:00PM
2nd Friday of the month at Holy Family, Valleyview 7:00PM
3rd Wednesday of the month at St. John Vianney, Westsyde 7:00PM
4th Wednesday of the month at Sacred Heart Cathedral, Nicola Street 8:00PM
The Kamloops Pro-Life Society is once again selling the Great Little Coupon Book for $10. The book offers a myriad of 2-for-1 coupons that can be used at restaurants and entertainment establishments throughout Kamloops. To buy a book, visit St. Joseph's Bookstore at 256 Nicola St, Downtown. Call 778-471-6100. Store hours: Tuesday- Friday 10am - 4pm
Catholic Independent School Kamloops Diocese Current Job Postings can be found at www.CISKD.ca under the CAREERS tab: https://ciskd.ca/careers/
• OLPH is seeking a qualified BC certified teacher for a 0.50 FTE Grade 5 classroom teaching assignment effective January 4, 2020 through to June 30, 2021. This position will be a job share with another teacher. The weekly teaching assignment schedule requires the candidate of choice to be available from Wednesday at 11:15am until end of day, and to be available for full school days on Thursday and Friday.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help (OLPH) School is located in Kamloops, BC and enrolls approximately 160 students from Kindergarten to Grade Seven. We are seeking a fulltime custodian commencing November 23, 2020.
• For the upcoming school year, we are seeking multiple qualified Teacher candidates to join our team as casual Teachers on Call for St. James Catholic School in Vernon, BC, St. Ann’s Catholic School in Quesnel, BC, St. Ann’s Academy in Kamloops, BC, Sacred Heart Catholic School in Williams Lake, BC, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Kamloops, BC. Please see attachments for more information.
• Sacred Heart Catholic School in Williams Lake is seeking a talented, qualified CEA to serve student needs in various grade levels and abilities, supporting students with ASD, for a 0.69 FTE position (27.5 hours per week), commencing September 1, 2020.
• ASCEND is seeking a qualified BC certified teacher as a Special Education Caseload Manager and Contact Teacher effective September 1, 2020 through to June 30, 2021. This position is an independent contractor position.